A L I E N : A R M A G E D D O N Screenplay by Christian Fowler FIRST DRAFT Copyright Christian Fowler Nov. 22 - 1997 INT. HUMAN BODY CREDITS We are in a liquid substance, red tissue surroundings. Organic. Slowly we float through the system. Through the heart, the veins, until we approach a foreign tissue. It's darker in contrast to its surroundings, which makes it obvious that it does not belong here. Slowly it evolves from a dark stain to an ALIEN FOETUS. SMASH CUT TO: EXT. SPACE We speed through space, past unknown planets, stars, and moons until we see something familiar; EARTH. CUT TO: EXT. RIO POINT MEDICAL CENTER (South America) - SUNSET Small transportation vessels soar past in various directions. Rio Point Medical Center (RPMC) is a medical research center, part of the BIOGEN research facillities in Rio City, South America. It is surrounded by several tube-like buildings in all sizes. CUT TO: INT. HALL We TRACK ALONG THE GROUND through a long white hall. On each side there are doors leading to research labs and cubicles. In the distant, at the end of the hall, we see a small sign. As we TRACK along we become more and more aware of the plaque's inscription: "ALIEN ORGANICS. TOP SECURITY AREA! LEVEL 1 ACCESS ONLY!" We turn to the left to face a large black door with red stripes across it. On the side we see a panel with digits. A NURSE comes into view, punches in a code on the panel, slides her ID card through a slot above. The door opens. We follow the nurse in to: INT. HALL The nurse walks past several other nurses and doctors, all going about each their duties. She turns and knocks on a door. CUT TO: INT. EXAMINATION ROOM CU DR. BRYANT DR. BRYANT: Come in! The door opens. The nurse comes in, walks over to a table where Dr. Bryant is siting. She hands him some charts and papers. DR. BRYANT: Thanks! Now, where were we? Ah, yes. I was about to ask you: What are you thinking? CU RIPLEY Ripley is siting at the other end of the table. She's wearing a white suit, and is chained to the ground. Ripley gives no reply. She just looks down at her hands. Her mind is somewhere else. She looks over at the doctor at the other side of the table. RIPLEY: I heard your wife left you. CU DR. BRYANT DR. BRYANT: (Ripley clearly hit a soft spot) That's none of your fucking business! Now, answer my question! RIPLEY: You didn't satisfy her needs, right? DR. BRYANT: [losing his temper] Hey! I can make sure you lose your prescious daily hour in the park if you don't co-operate! Now, are you going to tell me anything, or do you wanna dry up like a prewn in your cubicle? RIPLEY: [calm as before] You know you can't afford to lose me. Imagine what you can learn from me. Ripley leans slightly forward across the table. ECU RIPLEY RIPLEY: [softly] I'm an alien. Dr. Bryant nervously shuffles his papers, clearly intimidated by Ripley. DR. BRYANT: We'll continue this session tomorrow. He gets up from his chair. Pauses. DR. BRYANT: Do you have anything you want to say to me? Ripley looks the doctor up and down while licking her lips. The she smirks. RIPLEY: I'm hungry. The doctor rushes out the door, and slams it behind him. CUT TO: INT. HALL Dr. Bryant walks quickly down the hall. Another man in white suit approaches him from the opposite direction. DR. REYNOLDS: Care to join me for some interesting results? DR. BRYANT: I sure as hell could need some time off. [makes up his mind] Yeah, why not? CUT TO: INT. RESEARCH LABS DR. BRYANT: What do we know about this... [searches for the correct word] thing? DR. REYNOLDS: It's like nothing we've ever seen before. A xenomorph, capable of surviving extreme enviroments. Its only instinct is survival. [raises his eyebrows] It's one hell of a predator! We follow the two doctors to a SMALL LAB. Test tubes, chemicals, medical equipment etc. On the wall we see an X-RAY CHART. We follow the doctors from behind as they aproach the chart. Dr. Reynolds hits a switch bellow the chart. The chart LIGHTS UP. That's when we are aware of what these x-rays are of. We scan along the row of x-rays. The first x-ray being one of the ALIEN SCULL, second of what appears to be its SPINE, third of one of its HANDS, fourth of one of the LEGS. DR. BRYANT: [amazed of the site] It's magnificent! DR. REYNOLDS: [proud of himself] She's a beauty, isn't she. Dr. Bryant takes down one of the x-rays, studying it carefully. DR. BRYANT: How many? DR. REYNOLDS: Only this one, so far. We're taking it slowly. We don't want to risk anything. DR. BRYANT: I understand. God knows how many times this has slipped out of our hands. DR. REYNOLDS: Well, we can't say that they're much of co-operative species. DR. BRYANT: Sounds like someone I know. DR. REYNOLDS: Any progress? DR. BRYANT: She's a tough one, that's for sure. She just won't co-operate. DR. REYNOLDS: Tried scaning her? DR. BRYANT: Yepp! The frequency of her brain activity is beyond our control. Hell, we can't even get a straight line when she's sleeping. DR. REYNOLDS: We are obviously dealing with the same problems. The xenomorph's brain activities are extraordinary. It just won't fucking rest! It's always on its toes. DR. BRYANT: When do we get a queen? DR. REYNOLDS: My guesses are that this is a guard. DR. BRYANT: Meaning? DR. REYNOLDS: That the next will be a queen. DR. BRYANT: More hosts will arrive from the mental ward next week. We can start fertilizing them then. DR. REYNOLDS: I'm looking forward. DR. BRYANT: We've been waiting hundreds of years for a specimen. And now they're finally here.